The resources below represent a small portion of the readily available online information about open data. We look forward to building out the knowledge-base as interest and engagement expand, so feel free to make suggestions through the Contact form.
OPEN DATA 101
New to the world of open data? Never fear! We’ve listed a few articles to help you get oriented.
- Beyond Transparency
- Open Data Handbook (Open Data Handbook)
- The Open Data Handbook glossary (Open Data Handbook)
- What “open data” means—and what it doesn’t (Opensource.com, 2010)
- Code for America Open Data Playbook (Code for America)
- Open Data Guide (created by Mark Headd)
- Open Data Guidelines (Civic Commons)
Websites that provide machine-readable datasets for analysis.
- Data.gov The U.S. government’s open data repository, where you will find data, tools, and resources to conduct research, develop web and mobile applications, design data visualizations, and more.
- Cities’ datasets
Organizations that rate and assess the “openness” of cities and provide assessment methodologies.